Friday, April 10, 2009

The Upcoming Adventure


It's hard to begin to describe what I am going through. I am being transformed by this new experience. If you told me 10 years ago that I would be traveling to another country I never would have believed you. Even a year ago, I wouldn't have believed you.

Well, I have the opportunity to travel to Sofia, Bulgaria in June!! This is for my corporate job. I have trained a group of people to do lots of things. The purpose of me being in Sofia is to be with them on "day 1" and ensure everything goes well. A few days before, we'll go over some last minute things. After that, I'll make sure they are doing everything correctly. I have done the training a few times before with other companies but from the comfort of my own desk. It's the travel thing that is totally new to me.

I have only traveled within the US and even then, I haven't gone very far or gone very often. I didn't really have the interest. But at this time in my life, I am being handed many things that are new to me! I have been doing a lot of self work and I feel like I am ready to accept these opportunities.

I have accomplished a few things up to this point. I have accepted this opportunity (after crying and stressing and wondering why) and am really excited about it. I have also applied for a passport. I have met the folks from the company and they are impressive. This is their specialty and they do it well.

Stay tuned for more posts here related to my growth in this area of my life and what I learn when I am in Bulgaria. I know I will be with good coworkers who I trust and with my God while I am traveling to and from. I will not be alone while I am seeing other areas of this world that God has created. My eyes, heart and mind are open.

No comments: