Friday, June 5, 2009

Slow start

It's Friday morning here around 7:30 AM. I feel different this morning - compared to yesterday morning. I slept longer for sure but am not sure I am ready to wake up. I believe a shower and warm cup of coffee will work fine.

Last night was wonderful! I had a very nice time at dinner, trying new food and sharing great conversations with some new friends. I was excited when I got back to my hotel. It took me a while to "wind down" despite it being around midnight local time. I kept on the local schedule anyway. Once I laid my head down, I fell right asleep!

I know I have a lot of work to do today. It may go easier than I expect once I get to the office and see what the team actually knows on a particular topic today. That would be a nice surprise if the day is easier than what I think. I am open to see how it goes.

I am grateful to have exchanged IMs with a good friend back home already this morning...she ending her day and me starting mine. We have become a global society and are always "on". Today I give thanks for that global connection...for the technology, the overlap in schedules (although late for her) and our friendship.

The photo is from yesterday morning. This is from my hotel window. It was a sunny day even though it doesn't look like it. I am facing north west I think so that's why the sun isn't shining on the mountain yet. I saw it from a closer view yesterday and it is amazing!

Have a wonderful day and take a moment to slow down, as I was feeling slow to the start of my morning, to notice and be grateful for the (global) connections you have.

2 comments:

frandg said...

Thinking of you ... and so happy that you are having some good experiences. Soon you will be back in America being grateful that you had this wonderful opportunity. Stay in the moment and enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and tastes!!

Janina said...

Hello Francine :-)
Some great words to live by...I will be happy to go home but I am not wishing that moment was here yet. I AM enjoying the time here because I know it will be over soon enough. My senses are a little on overload because things are quite different here. But then I stop and think about how much things are the same.

It's the same earth and the weather comes and goes the same as home. People have families and pets (lots of dogs around) and work and have hobbies. There is lots of socialization and interaction - I don't see a lot of people alone. I feel a blog topic coming on :-)

Love to you!