Sunday, May 24, 2009

Forteen Years of Joy

We usually have 2 birthday parties for my son...one for family and one for his friends. He turned 14 this year. The parties were on different weekends. The partying is over now but the warmth is still in my heart.

I have reflected on May 23-24, 1995 annually. I have to chuckle on what I thought at the time (from what I remember). I was so tired and big! I was so ready for it to be over. But at the same time, I didn't want my pregnancy to end. It was known. I was tired and big - and I knew how to deal with that.

I am glad that life keeps going and moving us through experiences. I was so glad to see my son and start living my life WITH him and interacting with him instead of just nurturing him on the inside.

He has grown to be such a wonderful young man. So many experiences. He has taught me more than I was expecting. That's the cool thing and I hope I am wise enough to continue to view this journey as a give and take experience.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Mom. You are a great mom and friend to him.